Sunday, March 15, 2009

Finding Myself

I see the girl I was meant to be
Crawling on her hands and knees
Naked and exposed is she
But oh, how you have made her free

I burn to be that girl in my dream
But clothed and hidden is safe here
Caught in these thoughts and sin, it seems
My shackles are nothing but fear

Longing for some identity
Accepting every chance I’m given
Now living in lack of serenity
Their acceptance is why I’m driven

Let my identity be found in you
Oh Lord give me peace from within
Knowing that your love is true
It matters not who I have been

To find myself I must first be lost
In your wonder of kindness
In your waves of grace may I be tossed
As this world of mine becomes timeless

I am not who I am, within
When I am fully me
My discovery begins
When I give my heart to thee

Strip all of me until I’m bare
See all of my shameful pain
Creator, become the air I breathe
Be the blood in my every vein

When you consume me everywhere
Then I become who you created me to be
When I finally let you take me there
I’ll find who I am, I will be me

No comments:

Post a Comment