Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Shane and Kyrene

You ran over to me and stood close by
When you saw me on your path
I looked up at you with shinning eyes
Let you make me laugh

You danced and sang all down the street
Always made me smile
We talked and walked on funny feet
Skipping stones across the Nile

Brother and sister of a similar heart
I drank deep the words you said
I never wanted our paths to part
Though I saw the fork ahead

She stood there waiting around the bend
Her dark hair flowing free
Like an angel sent to be your friend
And take you away from me

When you saw her there in that glowing gown
Your eyes were locked for good
You grabbed my hand and we ran on down
To where your new life stood

You looked at her like I had never seen
She matched you wonderfully
You held her so nothing could fit between
How beautiful was she

This was the goodbye I thought I could bare
Tears blurred my eyes
But she looked at me and touched my hair
Told me not to cry

She spun me round till the sun went down
The way a sister would
We all laughed with a beautiful sound
Until I understood

I kissed you both with tears once more
But this time full of joy
Sent you off brighter than before
All my fears destroyed

Watched your silhouettes dance to the moon
Until they became the same
Left me standing without a wound
And a sister with my name

2 comments:

  1. Caitlin! This is so amazing. I got the chills and the waterworks at the same time! I love it!

    Love, Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sam!
    You are sweet :)

    ReplyDelete